We are looking for an IT professional that can drive the Web Performance capability for a set of clients that operate in online businesses with highly demanding performance and transactional requirements. The Web performance Engineer will be instrumental to identifying bottlenecks in the software stack and potential opportunities to improve performance, and reporting to stakeholders on performance status. She/he will have to liaise with a set of their technical stakeholders, internal and external, to address the performance initiatives.
Web Performance Engineer
Keys responsibilities inlcude:
- Responsible for performance analysis investigations from browser to application servers to gain insights and help influence the improvement of the client experience. As part of the performance team, you will engage with specialists across the company, including software and systems teams to understand, explore and challenge the limits of performance capabilities.
- Responsible for the analysis of the performance KPIs deviations and agreeing on an action plan to address them.
- Responsible for providing performance improvement recommendations to technical teams, marketing and business stakeholders.
- Contribute to the performance function and establish standards, monitoring, alerting and optimization strategies.
- Establish stakeholder relationships to identify core areas of the business and build visibility around performance of the websites.
- Translate high-level business requirements into specific technical definitions and monitoring solutions to meet requirements.
- Build an end-to-end performance reporting and monitoring chain to be able to report on each component of the application stack from network to databases.
- Create processes that allow the team to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve ad-hoc performance issues as they arise.
- Take ownership for creating regular reports to ensure transparency and relevant communications to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for unifying and maintaining the performance reporting metrics.
- Responsible for defining the core web vitals metrics threshold and defining the Operational Procedures when there are performance deviations.
- Demonstrated experience optimizing different layers of the IT stack such as application servers e.g. apache or nginx, data compression tools like Brotli, Content Delivery Networks, DNS queries and SSL negotiation to get the best user experience for end users.
- Demonstrated experience tuning and providing recommendations to optimize web page and images sizes.
- Experience working with high transactional websites with global presence and tuning the IT stack to optimize performance for end users.
- Experience doing analysis of performance metrics in transactional sites and the tool kit associated to it e.g. RUM, Synthetic monitoring, Lighthouse to building high quality web experiences for users.
- Experience managing performance conversations with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with latest web optimization tools and techniques.
- Experience doing performance benchmarking on B2C sites.
- Knowledge of full stack web development.
- Exposure to search, SEO and Analytics.
- Understanding of networking, databases and website building blocks.
- Understanding of CMS platforms such as WordPress.
- Desirable knowledge of Bash and Linux.
- Understanding of Software Release Life Cycles and SDLC.
- Nice to have Project Management skills.
- Nice to have experience working with Public Cloud Providers.
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English.
Lunik employees enjoy:
- Remote work or Relocation package to Malaga
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- Free psychotherapy sessions
- 50% gym membership reimbursement
- Flexible retribution
- Life insurance
- Fun socials – from weekly happy hour drinks to big seasonal events
- Breakfast and soft drinks in the office
Job Category: IT consultancy
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote